Wings - Chapter 3
Ahh....back to blogging. I totally apologize to everyone for being so lazy! But life kind of swept me along these past couple of weeks. But, as well as another chapter of wings, I came back with reading suggestions! I've read three books in the time I've been gone.

First - Looking for Alaska by John Green
This book is awesome! It it an incredible portrait of the wild emotions that come with the teen years, especially when facing tragedy. There is quite a bit of language, and some more mature material, so if you don't think you can handle it, don't pick up this book. For everyone else, I encourage you to read this. You won't regret it.


I'm also just starting the third book of The Mortal Instruments trilogy (over the last two days I read City of Bones, and City of Ashes. Now I'm on City of Glass) I don't want to voice my opinions on them until I've finished the third book, but I imagine that will be pretty soon.

Now, enough with housekeeping - on to the third chapter of Wings!

Several weeks have passed and our innocent homeschooler is gradually adjusting to the public school life. (Having been homeschooled myself, I really don't know what this is like, but we all know its filled with drugs, sex, and violence. *Shock, horror!*) She know has friends which include the good looking david.

This is the day it happens. the awkward first date disguised with an offer of 'hanging out.' I did see this coming. Again I have to notice that there is a particular emphasis on plants. David offers her a walk in the woods, she enjoys walking in the rain, always chooses fruit to eat, etc. I'm hoping this will be explained in later chapters.

What I didn't see coming was that Laurel was a basket baby. She was left on her parents doorstep at approx. Age 3, with a full vocabulary and strange accent that has since disappeared. Hmmm...Russian import perhaps? She seems content with her lot in life, but I can't help but feel as if the mystery of her parentage will unfold further in the book.

The chapter closes with the promise of more romance in the future. I will keep you posted!

I want to finish this book by the timw I go back to college, So I will be attempting to post (chapter reviews or otherwise) much more often than I have been. Thanks for reading!

CV

P.S. Don't forget to fan me on facebook for exclusive updates and sneak peeks of my novel!
Click here to become a fan!
0 Responses

Post a Comment