Cloudy with a chance of...Meatballs?
It is very late, and so my post will not be of great length tonight. However, I had to express my joy that Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs will be hitting theatres in animated movie form on September 18th!

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, the absolutely fantastic childrens book, is about a town who's weather suddenly turns wacky. The rain consists of soup and orange juice, giant pancakes and syrup floods abound. Magically, the food falls from three sky three times a day, and correponds with the correct meal. In the end, the food becomes overwhelming, and the have to sail across the sea(using boats made out of giant bread slices, with peanut butter as the glue of course). As a child, I just could not get enought of this book! I am so excited they are making it into a movie.






I watched the trailer at the website that Sony pictures has created for the movie, and even though they have made some structural changes to the story, I think the essence will be preserved in the film. Rather than having the focus center around an imaginative child as it does in the book, the story focuses around a crazy yet loveable inventor named Flint. It would appear that Flint is one of those people the town loves to hate, since he is always stirring up trouble with his nonsensical inventions. However, when flint stumbles upon a way to convert water into food, that is where the town's trouble starts.

I am really looking forward to seeing this film, just for the sake of my childhood memories!

You can watch the trailer and find out more about the movie here:

http://www.cloudywithachanceofmeatballs.com/

CV
0 Responses

Post a Comment