Wings - Final Thoughts
So....I tried to post this yesterday, but my computer freaked out and deleted the post! And by that time I had to go to class and couldn't re-write it. So I apologize. I am so sorry that I haven't been able to post this sooner regardless! College has taken over my life again, and I'm having trouble finding time to eat, breath, and sleep...let alone blog. But the semester has just started, once my routine becomes more balanced I'll be able to find more time. Now on to the book!


I really enjoyed 'Wings'. I did not realize that it was the beginning of a series when I bought it, but now that I've finished the book, I'm glad it is. Aprilynne Pike has managed to take a subject matter that is considered over written, and breathe new life and ingenuity into it. She wove vibrant characters that lept off the page (Especially Tamani), ones that I will be happy to continue reading about.


I also have to commend Aprilynne and her editors for their choice of cover. It was the cover design of this book that made me pick it up and want to buy it without reading it. (Something I usually don't do, though I'm making this more a practice of mine) We all may want to start disregarding the phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover," because it certainly made a difference for me!


The book is fun and entertaining, appropriate reading level for the age. Not only that, but it made me read the chapters far faster than my reading schedule! I'm very glad I read it. My goal in doing this review was to spotlight the work of a new author. Although reading my reviews may have been a little confusing for those of you who have not read the book, it is my hope that this may have inspired you to read it yourself!


So I encorage you to take a change and go buy the book of new author without reading it. You may be pleasantly suprised. :) Now go buy!


CV


P.S. Next time: My review of A Sweet Disorder by Jaqueline Kolosov - A historical fiction novel I just finished.

0 Responses

Post a Comment