Two Epic Books!
Hey guys!
The fireworks, despite my skepticism, were actually pretty awesome. Much better than the display they had last year. It actually inspired a scene for a story that's still in it's formation stage in my head. Yay!

Unfortunately, I have horrible camera timing, so I didn't really get great pictures to share with you. Instead here is an incredible picture which I did not take. :)















So now the discussion of the Two Epic Books the title refers to. In June while I was on vacation in NH, I went to a tiny little bookstore, where each genre was lucky if it had one side of a book shelf. While I was there, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I had heard of the book before, the title had been floating around in blog circles, and the praise was enourmous! I went ahead and bought it without another thought. However, I didn't get around to reading it.

Not long after, I heard that the sequel was coming out. Being somewhat of a series junkie, I pre-ordered it as soon as I could, along with Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse by Kaleb Nation. I got swept up by the summer, and starting college again, so I didn't get around reading these two books until last week, right after Catching Fire had come in the mail.

Oh. My. Goodness. I can honestly say these books are incredible. They sucked me in similarly to the way The Mortal Instruments Series did. (Which if you have been following the blog you know I love) I read Hunger Games in less than 24 hours, finished Catching Fire by the time 48 had passed. As soon as I was finished I told everyone within my immediate vicinity that they HAD to read these books! Now I'm stuck hanging on a 1,000 foot cliff hanger for the third one.

Though the premise of these books is somewhat horrific, (Something of a modern gladitorial spectacle) Collins manages to write in a way that makes it seem natural. She makes you understand that it is a part of these people's lives, and you accept it just as they do. They are packed with action and suspense, I probably could have provided air conditioning for my entire dorm with how fast I was turning pages!

These are books I really don't want to sumarize for you, the ignorance element going into the book I feel is a little more important with this series. All I can say is that my praise for these books could not be higher, and you all should go and purchase them immediately and read them A.S.A.P.

CV
0 Responses

Post a Comment